How do you benefit from us?
We invest in human capital
- We have a long-term focus on the entrepreneur
- We focus on strategic networking, coaching and capacity building
- We have a selective global network of innovators, tourism experts, investors and influencers
- We offer peer-to-peer relations between entrepreneurs and mentors/advisors from enpact and TUI Care Foundation‘s network
- We offer workshops in three tech hubs across East Africa
Who can apply?
Applications are open for startups operating in the following sectors with a relation to travel or tourism:
- The business is in travel or tourism, sustainable mobility, innovation in food production/agricultural tourism, eco-friendly & sustainable hospitality e.g. renewable energy, water and waste management, innovative tech solutions to create access to markets e.g. micro-finance solutions
- Entrepreneurs who have a registered business based in East Africa
- The business has a social and/or environmental mission or economic impact
- A revenue-generating market opportunity
- A scalable technology-driven business model
- Market traction and a track record of achievements, such as clients, revenue and partners
- Entrepreneurs at or about to be at the growth stage of their business
- Don’t apply if you are at idea stage or your business is not scalable!
- A strong core team or the ability to attract one
- Entrepreneurs who are receptive to coaching and feedback
Three months founder support programme,
- Including one week of intensive startup acceleration modules per month in different locations across East Africa (locations tbd)
- Additionally one week boot camp with international mentors and experts from TUI Business and Care Foundation
- One Demo Day in Nairobi, Kenya
- Travel expenses for one founder will be covered per startup
- Two dedicated mentors per startup
- Remote international support over the full programme period
- Application Deadline: 9 February 2020, 10PM (EAT)
- Short listed startups will be contacted for further evaluation
- June 1st week: on-boarding plus workshops
- June 3rd week: Boot camp
- July 3rd week: workshops
- August: Pitch training and investor readiness
- End of August: Demo day and global conference, Nairobi, Kenya
The programme is financed by TUI Care Foundation and therefore does not take equity, the selected startups will benefit from speaking opportunities in front of a variety of internationally established stakeholders and mentors. Moreover, the teams are assigned a personal advisory network of relevant experts to help founders refine pitches, acquire new customers and make connections to investors and potential clients.
APPLICATION IS CLOSED!