Programme Designers’ Lab Uzbekistan
What is the programme about?
The Programme Designers’ Lab is a series of workshops for ecosystem leaders and enablers to design & develop innovative entrepreneurship programmes. So far, we have successfully run the programme in Tunisia, Iraq, and India.
As part of the “Startup Ecosystem Support in Uzbekistan“ (SESU) initiative, which we have launched with The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in August 2019, we are looking for 20 high-potential ecosystem leaders and enablers from different sectors (public, private, academia, business networks, startup) to develop project ideas promoting entrepreneurship in Uzbekistan.
In addition to developing innovative entrepreneurship programmes, the PDL aims to foster capacity building, network development, and the internationalisation of stakeholders. The programme consists of three modules with one boot camp taking place in Berlin and another one in Tashkent.
Who can apply?
Individuals, groups and institutions, relevant for the development of a startup ecosystem, e.g. ministries, administrations, universities, startups, venture capitalists, accelerators, co-working spaces, business associations, networks, etc.
good English skills
high motivation to participate in the programme
role and activities within the entrepreneurial ecosystem
quality and potential of proposed project ideas
- have a valid passport & able to travel to Berlin in January 2020
What is in it for you?
- Participate in two boot camps: one in Berlin and one in Tashkent
- Develop innovative entrepreneurship programmes in cross-sectoral groups
- Explore the tools for programme design
- Dedicate time for organisational and personal development
- Build a strong network and collaboration with like-minded Uzbek actors from different sectors and relevant German stakeholders and international mentors
- Stock up on inspiration
Application process & 4-month programme
Phase 1: application + selection
1. application deadline
3rd of November 2019
2. interview + final selection
4th – 15th of November 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for final selection.
3. visa application & appointment
25th of November – 20th of December 2019
Participants will present themselves at their respective German Embassies to submit their visa application. We will provide you with the necessary documents.
Phase 2: 4-month programme
1. virtual kick-off
9th of January 2020
1-hour virtual kick-off to get to know the other participants and briefing about the boot camp in Berlin.
2. Module 1: Bootcamp in Berlin
20th – 24th of January 2020
An intense 5-day bootcamp in Berlin with workshops,
1-on-1 mentoring sessions, networking, etc.
3. Module 2: Virtual workshops and Assignments
February – March 2020
Candidates will participate in online workshops and prepare individual as well as group assignments.
4. Module 3: Bootcamp in Tashkent
28th – 30th of April 2020
2-Day bootcamp to finalise projects with the support of mentors, culminating in a demo day to present project proposals to relevant stakeholders in Tashkent .
Access to an international alumni network of more than 400 startups, mentors, experts and partners.
All programme costs are fully covered
What do I get?
- Inbound and outbound flight to and from Berlin
- 4 months programme, including mentoring
- Accommodation, catering and travel cost during the bootcamp