Operations & Events Manager | Cairo
Are you interested in joining a business ahead of a period of growth and make an impact in the running of the business long term? We are looking for a full-time Operations & Events Manager to join us to maintain and organize our new Startup Space and all happenings in the Haus.
about enpact Egypt
enpact Egypt is a Limited Liability Company established in Cairo, Egypt to operate enpact’s projects and activities in Egypt. enpact Egypt is responsible for creating and managing Startup Space Cairo alongside its other activities.
about startup spaces
Based on the experience gained in the international mentoring programs, and in order to promote entrepreneurship and support the local ecosystem, we are creating a Startup Space in Cairo for all start-up related activities. In this endeavor we want to achieve the following objectives:
- Awareness raising | 2. Job creation | 3. Inclusion | 4. Lifelong learning | 5. Policy advice
The non-profit organisation enpact e.V. was founded in 2013 in Berlin, Germany and includes four fields of activities:
- Innovative mentoring programs,
- Creation of multi-faceted startup spaces,
- Analysis of the startup friendliness of cities worldwide,
- Organisation of entrepreneurial ecosystem expeditions.
The geographical focus of our work in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa, East and West Africa. enpact works closely with relevant actors of the ecosystems in all project countries.
who we are looking for
The Operations & Events Manager is responsible for the operations of the Haus, planning and execution of events, and amongst others.
The Operations & Events Manager role involves;
- Haus Operations management [50%]
- Maintain the physical upkeep of the real estate
- Submit and reconcile expenses
- General assistance in any other space-related activities
- Events management [50%]
- Marketing Startup Haus as an event space
- Organizing and maintaining event areas calendar
- Negotiating and finalizing event partnerships
- Organizing catering and entertainment
- Finalizing contracts and event rentals
- Space setup and teardown
- Testing and running A/V equipment
- Post-event feedback & evaluation
- Arabic & English: excellent written and oral command required
- German: is an added asset
The ideal candidate for the Operations & Events Manager role will:
- Interest in entrepreneurship and event management
- time management and organizational skills
- ability to work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- strong communication skills, able to represent enpact and its programs and engage in complex discussions with different stakeholders and partners.
- able to achieve results with limited supervision
- proficiency in office tools (Microsoft, Google, Trello etc)
What we offer
Type of employment: 12 months full-time contract [100%], with the possibility of extension.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Location: Cairo, Egypt.
The selection process is ongoing until a candidate is selected.