Freelance software developer
Would you like to contribute to a data-driven tool that enables better analysis and decision making for startup ecosystems in emerging markets? This role requires a wide mix of skills from data automation to API design and is ideal for freelancers looking for a long-term project.
The non-profit organisation enpact e.V. was founded in 2013 and includes five fields of activities:
- Innovative mentoring programmes,
- Creation of multi-faceted startup spaces,
- Analysis of the startup friendliness of cities worldwide (data lab),
- Organisation of entrepreneurial ecosystem expeditions.
- Design and implementation of tailored trainings for support organisations
The geographical focus of our work is on Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Europe. enpact works closely with relevant actors of the ecosystems in all of its project countries.
what we do at data lab
Data lab is enpact’s research arm. While there are already indexes measuring entrepreneurship ecosystems in countries and cities globally, the information flow on ecosystems in lower-income countries is minimal to non-existent. Data lab aims to create transparency and comparability so that decision-makers in emerging markets have better tools to optimise and influence policy decisions.
To date, data lab has mapped thirty-five startup ecosystems across four continents using primary and secondary data.
A key output is the Startup Friendliness Index (SFI) and as well as reports delivered directly to decision-makers, the SFI reaches a wider audience via startup-meter.org. A new version is almost complete and we are now looking for a long-term freelance developer that can help us to continue progressing the site.
– Strengthen and extend the automated collection of secondary data (API connections)
– Improve the functionality of the database management tool (currently using metabase)
– Upgrade database and output API to allow new data views on the data lab site
– Develop CMS
– Support user analytics
– Implement front-end changes (optional)
– A passion for supporting entrepreneurship in emerging markets.
– Experience with backend technologies including SQL and Python.
– 2-5 hours availability per week (on average).
– English (full working proficiency)