Female Tech Business in Africa
What is the programme about?
Female Tech Business in Africa aims at fostering capacity, network development and internationalization of women networks, multipliers and stakeholders in Ghana, Kenya and South Africa. It is supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and Strategic Partnership Digital Africa.
Based on the submitted project proposals, up to ten participants will be invited to a 5-day bootcamp in Berlin, Germany between August 19th and 23rd where they will get support in shaping and improving their own project ideas for female tech businesses in their country.
After the boot camp, the participants have another week to implement their learnings into a final project proposal for the application for the following funding support.
Up to four projects can be selected for mentoring and financial support up to 15000€ for the following four months. Evaluation criteria will include application of theoretical concepts from the bootcamp, feasibility, effectiveness, target group, scope, cooperation, inclusion scalability etc.
Who can apply?
Founders, Managers or Leaders who…
- have a project supporting women in tech in Ghana, Kenya or South Africa
- have a registered Non-Profit Organisation*
- have a concrete project proposal and timeline
- have a valid passport & able to travel to Berlin between August 19th – 23rd
- are highly motivated 🙂
What is in it for you?
- Participate at a 5-days bootcamp in Berlin
- Elaborate and concretize of the submitted project proposal
- Explore the tools for programme design
- Dedicate time for organisational development
- Build a strong network and collaboration with like-minded organisations and relevant German stakeholders
- Receive up to 15.000€* funding
- Stock up on inspiration
*Only up to four organisation out the nine selected ones can benefit from the funding
Application process & 5-month programme
Phase 1: application + selection
1. application deadline
16th of June 2019
Basic application to express interest and introduce your organisation.
2. interview + final selection
24th – 27th of June 2019
Shortlisted startups will be interviewed 1hour for final selection.
3. virtual kick-off
1st of August 2019
1hour kick-off about the bootcamp and its guidelines.
Phase 2: 4 months of programme
1. visa appointment
1st – 15th of July 2019
Participants will present themselves at their respective German Embassies to submit their visa application.
2. bootcamp in Berlin
19th – 23rd of August 2019
An intense 5-day bootcamp in Berlin with workshops,
1-on-1 mentoring sessions, networking, etc
23rd of August – 2nd September 2019
1-week preparation for final project proposal. 4 out of 9 organisation will be selected for funding.
October – December 2019
Completion of the milestones, monitoring & evaluation practices and use of funds previously agreed with enpact.
Access to an international alumni network of more than 400 startups, mentors, experts and partners.
in cooperation with
The programme is fully covered by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and Strategic Partnership Digital Africa.
What do I get:
- Inbound and outbound flight to/from Berlin
- 4 months programme
- Accommodation, catering and travel cost during the bootcamp
- Potentially up to 15k€ funding
- Insurance fees